Saturday 9 January 2016

World's Fastest???

Today I met up with Ed and John at the top barn.  I had expected John to be doing another long run but he was only doing around 6 miles today as he was racing tomorrow.  Ed planned to do a little further though so I decided to accompany him.

The three of us ran up to the Pike then along to Two Lads.  We then ran to the mast where I was starting to get really cold.  So much so, that my leggings had developed a film over them which I wrote the word COLD onto.

On the way down the diagonal, I made a bit of a squeal when I slipped and Ed commented on me being girly.  John then said, it's better than being called masculine, which developed into a discussion about the differences in strength/speed between men and women.

I posed the question of whether, in the very distant future, i.e. not in any of our lifetimes, or our great great grand kids lifetimes, I'm talking a LONG way off, the fastest person in the world could be a woman.  John was doubtful about this, however Ed thinks it's possible.  I'm inclined to agree with Ed.  Men have had a huge head start on the fitness thing but I reckon at some point hundreds of years from now, women could catch up.

At the bottom of the diagonal, John turned left heading back to the barn, whilst Ed and I headed to Hordern Stoops and up the diagonal path, dropping down to Higher Hempshaws.  We then ran along the path to Lead Mines Clough and ran up to bomber memorial, before dropping back down, heading through the clough and coming out onto the road.  We then ran up the hill and through the farm fields coming out at Dean Brook, which we followed back into Rivington.

The weather was horrid today but it was nice to be out with the guys.  

Total distance - 9.45 miles

1 comment:

  1. Have a look at this Christa....
    This is going on now
    Phenomenal Athletes,

    http://live.thespinerace.com/

    ReplyDelete