Wednesday 13 January 2016

All I Need Now is a Bike!

I'm not going to lie, I ate like a total pig last night.  My tea was around 2000 calories as I ate out at the Black Dog in Belmont.  Duncan and I shared our starters, which were chicken wings and meatballs.  For mains I had a hot dog with chilli smothered all over it and some fries and then I finished the meal off with the biggest slab of chocolate fudge cake I have ever been served in a restaurant!  That of course came with ice cream and I also had a coke and a J2O.

The problem with this was that I hadn't done a scrap of exercise yesterday so I felt like a giant pig.

To make myself better, I got up early this morning and Duncan dropped me off on his way to work so that I could run to Horwich Leisure Centre.  He dropped me off 3.5 miles away and I ran back.  I wanted a good session so picked up the pace as much as I could, which was actually quite difficult because the pavements, in places, especially on the A6, were really slippery as they had frozen.  There were a couple of scary moments when I thought I was going to end up on my backside but I managed to stay upright.

Duncan dropped me off in Westhoughton and I ran along the A6 then along Station Road/Crown Lane and through the centre of Horwich, ending at the leisure centre.

Distance - 3.5 miles 

I then went for a swim, my first in about six months.  I was expecting it to be really busy with all the January get-fit people but it wasn't any busier than normal really and most of the time I was in a lane with only one other person.  I did a mile and then decided to call it a day as it had taken me ages to do the mile - nearly 50 minutes! 

Distance - 1 mile

Tired legs, it was now time to run home.  Fortunately, that's less than three quarters of a mile, otherwise I don't think I would have made it as I was really tired by now.  It wasn't even 8.30 yet and I'd already done two thirds of a triathlon! 

Distance - 0.65 miles


Total distance - 4.15 mile run + 1 mile swim

No comments:

Post a Comment