Tuesday 19 January 2016

Manchester Serial Killer?


There is a programme on TV tonight at 11pm about the ‘Manchester Serial Killer’.  Apparently, there have been over 80 deaths in the canals of Manchester since 2008 and they think there is something sinister about it and that there is somebody pushing in vulnerable people. 

With that in mind, Kathryn and I went on our canal run at lunch today.  We decided that we’d be able to overpower any would be killer if we were confronted by him so didn’t let the loony put us off our run.  Just to be on the safe side, Kathryn brought along a friend from work, Barney.  Barney is currently training for a 100 mile race so he’s definitely fit enough to overpower any would be attacker. 

We had to do the slightly shorter route today as the side of the river we usually run back along had collapsed and was closed off. 

I was feeling pretty tired today but managed to keep up OK, however when I got back to work and looked at my watch it was telling me that I’d only burned 257 calories as my heart rate had only averaged 119bpm!!!  I really don’t think so, I was knackered!

Total distance – 5.15 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment