Thursday 28 January 2016

Soaked to the Bones

I left work early today to try to get a decent length run in with Ruby.  I've run with Ruby all this week because I wanted her to keep me slow so I don't tire myself out for this weekend.

We again parked on the dam on Horrobin Lane and ran down past the bowling club and up the hill past Yarrow Reservoir, coming out onto the road and then turned right into Lead Mines Clough.

We then ran through the clough and up the hill, along the trail to Jepson's Gate.  From there we turned right down the road to Waterman's Cottage then went onto the path to White Coppice but only for a short way and then turned left, across the bridge onto the path back out of White Coppice.

We then turned right and ran along the road for a spell, to the end of the bridleway along Healey Nab.
We ran all the way along the bridleway, coming out onto Back Lane, then ran along to the Yew Tree and turned left, heading down The Street and back to the van.

It rained hard throughout the entire run and we were both soaked to the bones when we arrived back at the van, with Ruby shaking herself off right into my face as soon as we got into the van.  Thanks Rubes!

Total distance - 7 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment