Monday 18 January 2016

Slipping and Sliding


Tonight I went out with the Monday night cake crew as there was a promise, not of cakes, but of fancy biscuits tonight.  To be honest, I had already decided I was going anyway, the biscuits just helped me to keep my promise!

Out tonight were Josie, Joc, Andy, Darren, Mark, Josh, Speedy and Mark. 

We did our usual route which was snowy/icy in places but had thawed out in others. 

The highlight of the night came as we descended ‘the diagonal’.  It was still quite snowy here and it was also foggy so visibility was poor.  Josie, Andy I and ran on ahead and within seconds Josie had fallen face down into the snow.  From my viewpoint, it looked like a real comedy moment as she formed a star on the ground and appeared to slide along a little in the snow.  Thankfully, I was able to laugh because she didn’t hurt herself and we continued on our way down.  The whole way down all you could hear was laughter, mixed in with the odd yelp/scream as somebody fell or their foot disappeared into the snow.  When we got near the bottom, almost simultaneously, Andy, Josie and I said ‘where are we?’ as we realised we had veered right of the ‘path’.  This obviously brought on even more laughter as we made our way across and back into the right direction.  That was the most fun I’ve ever had coming down the diagonal and I couldn’t stop laughing all the way down.  It was brilliant and, at one point, I wasn’t running, I was skating as I was in no control whatsoever of my feet.

Eventually everyone got down unscathed and we then headed back down to the barn where our biscuits awaited! 

Great night out, better than going to the pub!

Total distance – 6 miles (approx., didn’t start my Garmin properly so not recorded).

No comments:

Post a Comment