Sunday 17 January 2016

Snowy Fun


I felt a bit rough when I got up this snowy morning so decided to stay in bed for a while whilst Duncan got up early and went mountain biking.  I didn’t end up running until around 3pm on the way home from my mum and dad’s.  Duncan dropped me off on Colliers Row Road and I ran along Burnt Edge and up to Holden’s Farm.  From there, I turned left and along the path, eventually coming out at the same place as the Two Lads race route on the mast road.  I then crossed the road and went over the wooden bridge, heading up to Two Lads.  There had been fresh snow fall by now and there were no footprints to follow and the path wasn’t at all clear.  I just made my way up, having the odd sinking moment as I went.  From the top, I didn’t hang around and just ran straight down towards the kennels.  As always, I took the left hand route at the bottom of the descent but that takes you onto the really steep bit down to the kennels, which was incredibly slippery today and I had no control whatsoever over my feet!  They were just going where they wanted but luckily, I didn’t fall over.

Coming out onto George’s Lane, there were loads of families in ‘my favourite field’ enjoying some sledging in the snow so I decided to do a bit of showing off and ran hell for leather down the field, which was met with gasps and comments like ‘look at that girl go!’.  I felt oh so smug and thankfully I didn’t make a complete arse of myself and fall over.  That would have been incredibly embarrassing!

Total distance – 3.1 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment