Saturday 23 January 2016

I’m Not Going Home Until I’ve Done 20!


Today I met up with John at the bottom barn as planned to get our last long run in before That’s Lyth next weekend.  Ed also ran with us for the first part of our outing. 

We all set off up to Two Lads, then headed up to the mast and down the San Marino ramp.  We then did part of the Anglezarke Amble route, through the fields and along to Belmont Reservoir, which is where Ed headed off back to the barn.  John and I continued up onto Witton Weavers Way and along to Roddlesworth Woods.  We ran through the woods and around Roddlesworth Reservoir, coming out in Abbey Village, then went along the roads up to the path to White Coppice. 

From White Coppice, we ran up the road and along to the bridle path through Healey Nab.  We carried on all the way along the path coming out onto Back Lane, then headed back to Rivington via the ‘cascade’ or ‘slipway’.  Once back at the barn, I had only done 19.25 miles and I was determined that I wasn’t stopping until I had 20 so I carried on and did a loop around some paths.  My watch just beeped for 20 miles as I got parallel with my van in the car park. 

I felt great at the end of the run and could have continued on further.  I think it’s because we started off nice and slowly so I didn’t waste much energy at the start.  Hopefully, I’ll be as full of beans next Sunday at That’s Lyth!


Total distance – 20 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment