Sunday 10 January 2016

Striking a Balance

Since the New Year, I have been trying to lose a bit of the weight I have put on over the past few months.  As mentioned in a previous post, I have gone from 8st 10 to nearly 9st 6 and I want to get back down to just under 9 stone (basically, I want to see an eight at the front of the scales, but don’t really care what comes after the 8).  Between last Saturday and Wednesday, I had already lost 3lbs… that’s in only 5 days! 

I have basically just been eating less calories than I have burned but the problem is, am I eating enough?  As an athlete (can I use that word to describe myself?) it’s really hard to strike that balance between losing weight and eating enough to fuel your training.  My run on Saturday was dire and I’m wondering if that could be because I had consumed far less than usual during the week.  Today, I felt great and yesterday I had eaten a lot more than usual, including a home made pizza with over 1000 calories in that alone! 

Today’s run was an easy one with Ruby, although I was gutted that I had decided to run with Ruby as I was going really well and could have had a good session.  Unfortunately, Ruby was incredibly cold and I just wanted to get her home fast, as she was sinking in cold bogs all the time.  It was incredibly selfish of me to take her where I did, especially given the light dusting of snow on the tops making it even colder on her poor little paw pads.  We went from home up to the water tanks, then turned right towards the mast road and did the Two Lads race route, coming back out slightly higher up the mast road, but then took the boggy diagonal path up to the mast.  We then took the cross country route to Two Lads and ran down to the kennels, going straight down through my favourite field as I just wanted to get Ruby home as quick as I could.  Poor thing was shivveirng away so I had to throw her in a hot shower once we got home.

Total distance – 5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment