Thursday 21 January 2016

Losing my Running Buddies


In one of my previous blog posts I talked about running with people who are faster than you and apologising for being slow.  An exact paragraph I used was…

‘I’m constantly saying things like ‘sorry for being slow’ and ‘go on ahead without me if you like’ but the truth is, the person I’m running with doesn’t care about this because they know my capabilities and they’re happy to run with me anyway.  If they weren’t they wouldn’t ask me or would make up excuses when I ask them.’

It now appears that Kathryn, my lunch time running buddy who is much quicker than me, has come up with the ultimate excuse not to run with me anymore – she’s gone working in Warrington for two years.  Have you taken drastic action because I’m too slow Kathryn?

I don’t seriously think that of course but I am gutted that I’ve lost my lunch time running buddy.  I’ve also lost my morning running buddy too so I think they might both be trying to tell me something.  It’s going to be hard work trying to force myself out on my own and, truth be told, I probably won’t bother and will go back to running more in the evenings instead. 

So today’s run, after deciding that I really didn't want to run along the canal on my own, was just an easy one with Ruby.  We did our old faithful winter ‘trying to stay reasonably clean so I don’t need to bath Ruby’ run which took us along to the top barn then a zigzag up through the terraced gardens to the Pigeon Tower, then along George’s Lane and back home down the side of Wilderswood.  Needless to say, Ruby was still filthy by the end of it!


Total distance – 5.3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment