Sunday 24 January 2016

Tired Ruby


Still feeling chipper today, I headed out for another run, although this time I took Ruby with me because I intended to just have a casual one after yesterday’s 20 miler.  

I drove out to Knowsley Lane and parked up on the dam with a view to doing a loop around Anglezarke.  We ran an anti-clockwise loop, heading along the Anglezarke Trails and winding our way out to Waterman’s Cottage.  Right from the off, Ruby seemed to be lethargic today.  She was behind me the whole time and I felt like I was just pulling her along. 

Once at Waterman’s Cottage, we ran along the road a bit to the end of the bridle path for Healey Nab, then ran up it before turning right and up to the cairn at the top.  I had let Ruby off the lead at the start of the bridle path and she started to come alive a little, although still wasn’t really going out in front of me.  We ran back down again and carried on along the bridle path, coming out onto Back Lane and then ran back along the road to the Yew Tree and back to the car.  I had put Ruby back on her lead when we came out onto the road and again she was just tottering along slowly behind me.

It’s probably a good thing, for me, really because I was feeling great and probably would have run too fast had I been on my own so it was good that Ruby slowed me down and kept my recovery run at just that, a recovery run. 

Total distance – 5.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment