Tuesday 31 March 2015

Evil Weather

What is with this wind???  It’s horrendous!  Last night, just before 1am, Duncan and I were out on our drive picking up bottles, cans, etc, which had blown out of our toppled over recycle bin.  I wouldn’t mind but the bin was practically full of beer and wine bottles so it must have taken one hell of a gust to blow it over.  We were freezing picking it all up and there were bits of broken glass everywhere.  We had to find things, like bags of cement, to put on top of the lids of all our bins to keep then down.  Thing is, once we got back inside we were then wide awake and couldn’t get back to sleep.  I had to wear ear plugs because it sounded like the house was falling down. 
I really hate this weather.  I don’t mind rain, sleet, snow, hail, but I very much dislike strong wind.  It’s so destructive! 
I drove out to the barn with Ruby tonight for our run.  On the way there it was hailing so when we arrived we sat in the car for a minute whilst it subsided.  We went out and ran into the woods around Go Ape and all of a sudden the heavens opened again and pretty big hailstones were pelting down on us.  I had a peaked hood on so pulled this down over my face but poor Ruby was getting battered.  I made the decision to just head back to the van because it wasn't fair on her, even though we had only done half a mile.  On starting back though, the hail stopped so I decided to carry on a bit.  It stayed quite nice and sunny for a while (still very windy though) so we had a nice little run and then just as we got back to the van the heavens opened big time, snow, hail, everything!  Lucky we had just got back!  
Total distance - 3 miles
https://www.strava.com/activities/276982567

No comments:

Post a Comment