Sunday 15 March 2015

Tockholes Orienteering – ‘Hard’ Course

Another trip to Tockholes today and next on the list was the ‘hard’ course.  A few of the controls on it I had already visited in previous courses so I decided to just find the ones I hadn’t been to before and ignore the others. 
There were only four on it which I hadn’t already done and all of them took quite a bit of finding and involved wandering through boggy woodland way off the main tracks. 
I didn’t actually find the last one but only because I didn’t spend that long looking for it because my mum and dad were coming to pick me up to take me to the farmer’s market at Houghton Tower so I was very conscious of the time.  I saw that it was on the final course ‘very hard – experienced orienteers only’ so decided to leave it until the day that I try that one out. 
I then ran along Witton Weavers Way and out onto the road and along to the car park just off the main road through Belmont/Abbey Village.  I was then waiting there for about 15 minutes for my parents to pick me up because their car battery had died and so they were running late but didn’t text me to let me know.  Luckily, I had a pack with me and had my Rab coat in it so was able to keep warm but poor Ruby was shivering away, bless.
Total distance – 4.2 miles

https://www.strava.com/activities/268757523

No comments:

Post a Comment