Saturday 28 March 2015

The Endurance Store

I went to the Endurance Store in Appley Bridge today to spend the vouchers I won at the presentation evening the other week.  Trouble was, I had £60 worth of vouchers but needed to buy about three new pairs of trainers because all the ones I have are falling apart at the same time.  I need a good trail/fell shoe more than anything though so when I went into the shop I had Inov8 Roclites in mind as they’re a shoe I’ve used before and are a good all-rounder.  I tried them on in a size 7 and, surprisingly, they were way too small.  Have my feet grown or have Roclites gone smaller?  After chatting with the bloke in the shop, I tried on a number of other shoes including Solomon’s which I have never worn before.  They were OK but the back of them was quite stiff so I thought they would probably aggravate my Haglunds deformity.  
After a good while I decided on X Talons.  I’ve never had a pair of these before but they felt really comfortable and light.  I had mentioned to the bloke in the shop that I needed other shoes too but couldn’t really afford to splash out at the minute.  I said that when I bought my last pair of road shoes they were only £40 but I now couldn’t find the same pair for less than £70 and I was loathe to spend £70 on road shoes because I only wear them once a week for five miles.  As I was looking around the shop, he came over to me with a pair of Saucony Kinvara 4s and said that they were old stock which he needed to get rid of and that I could have them for £40.  I tried them on and they felt lovely so a deal was done.  When I got home and looked on the internet, I couldn’t find them for less than £49 so he did me a really good deal.
I’d definitely recommend this shop as the bloke was really helpful and seemed to know his stuff.  They also hold group runs from the shop itself if anyone is interested. 
When I got back home I went for a short run in my new X Talons to try them out before my long run tomorrow and they felt great.  I just ran from the road up to Rivington barn, up to the Pigeon Tower, along George’s Lane and home through Wilderswood. 


Total distance - 3 miles

https://www.strava.com/activities/275827445

No comments:

Post a Comment