Monday 23 March 2015

All the Morons are out in Rivington!

I was a little achy today after yesterday's 25 miler but nowhere near as achy as I expected.  I was due to run with Kathryn at lunch, who was also achy, but unfortunately she had to cancel and so I didn't bother going on my own and thought I'd just go out for an easy run with Ruby after work instead.

It was hard work at first but I soon eased off and managed to run OK, albeit very slowly.  I ran down towards the school but I no longer go up the concrete road now as there is a path through the woods which runs along side of it so I go up there instead.  Once I got to the back of the school and the track down towards the barn, I was disgusted to see two big piles of rubbish which had been dumped there.  The rubbish contained clothes, kids books and all sorts of bits of hardware.



Further along the track, there was even more...



It really does sicken me!

We ran along and then turned right at the path junction (see my use of orienteering language there) and headed up through the terraced gardens.  Not far up, I started to hear motorbike noises and looked round to see a couple of crosser bikes tear-arsing around the place.  What's with all the muppets out at the minute, ruining the countryside for everyone?

Just to cheer me up, I took a picture of something pretty so my blog wouldn't be all doom and gloom today (ignore my shadow though, photography ain't my thing)...



We ran very slowly up onto George's Lane and then along to Wilderswood car park, back on ourselves through Wilderswood and then down to home.

Total distance - 4 miles 

https://www.strava.com/activities/273007312

No comments:

Post a Comment