Thursday 19 March 2015

Pain Free Knee


Since my super speedy run down my favourite field on Saturday morning, my right knee has been giving me agro.  It has been sore above the knee cap.  I've had a rest for a few days and been icing religiously and today there has been no pain.

I decided to just have a short, very slow run with Ruby to see how it went and I'm pleased to say it was pain free.  I went really easy on the downhills though because I didn't want to push it.  Knees are precious things of course and need treating with the utmost respect.

We ran down to Green Lane and then into Tiger's Clough and up Devil's Steps.  We carried on climbing through the clough, coming out onto George's Lane and then just ran along to Wilderswood Car Park, through Wilderswood and back home.

Going to take it easy for the next couple of days as I don't want to overdo it before the Two Crosses on Sunday.  Maggie is cracking the whip on me and wants to do it in under six hours, which is easily doable if we don't stop as long at the food stops this time.  No cups of tea Maggie!

Total distance - 2.75 miles

https://www.strava.com/activities/270784899

No comments:

Post a Comment