Tuesday 10 March 2015

Pizza and Wine - Is it The Way Forward?

I met a friend for lunch today at Zizzi in Piccadilly Gardens, who serve the biggest pizzas I have ever had in a restaurant.  It was huge and even had slices of garlic potatoes on top - talk about carb overload!

It took me so long to eat it all that it was cold by the time I had finished.  As I wasn't driving home today, I also decided it would be rude not to have a cheeky glass of wine so, obviously I ordered a large one.

I think I have finally found something that fills me up.  I ate that pizza at about 12.30 and I haven't eaten since (it's now 7.50pm) which, if you read this blog a lot, you will know is extremely out of character for me.  I usually eat every 2-3 hours and am never ever full for longer than half an hour.

I was supposed to run home from the station today and had made plans to get a train to Hall i'th Wood and run from there via Coal Pit Lane but I felt so huge that I got a lift home instead and then went out with Ruby after feeling a bit less bloated.

The start of the run was incredibly slow going as there were so many dogs out (mostly fat ones that don't get walked unless the weather is nice like it was today) so Ruby was just dragging after them all.
Once I got past the barn though, it was a bit faster going.  We went along the path at the side of Sheephouse Lane and along to the Pigeon Tower car park.  I had decided about a mile back that I was going to brave the path that I really hate, known to mountain bikers as 'The Ice Cream Run' - it's the rocky path up from the car park to the Pigeon Tower.  I'm pleased to say that I got a Strava PB on the 'Rocky Hill to Pigeon Tower' segment which I'm really happy with because I usually find it huge struggle.  Marginal gains and all that!

I still felt pretty fresh when I got to the top and continued along and up the Pike which, again, seemed really easy for a change.

Could it be the pizza?  Or the wine?  Or a combination of the two?


Total distance - 5.55 miles 

https://www.strava.com/activities/266104946

No comments:

Post a Comment