Thursday 2 April 2015

Shorts, T-shirt but no Garmin

My first run without my Garmin.

It was also my first run of the year in shorts and t-shirt.  Kinda wish I had taken my gloves though as my hands were freezing at the end.

I ran up through Tigers Clough with Ruby and spent a while looking at the path I could see on the other side of the river and pondering how to get to it.

We came out onto George's Lane and ran up the Pike, which I felt really strong on.  Perhaps I shouldn't have bottled out of the race on Saturday after all.

We ran straight back down again, onto George's Lane and headed home via Wilderswood.  We stopped to have a chat to Claire for a good while and I had to stop Ruby trying to attack her dogs.

Mixed views so far about the lack of Garmin.  It did feel quite freeing not having it but I'm pretty sure I would have got a personal record on my way up to the Pike as I got up there really well.  I'm also wondering how I'll feel trying to do any kind of speed session without something showing pace because how will I know how well I'm doing?  I'll also miss the beep when I get to a set time/distance between reps.

Total running time (although a good deal of this was spent gabbing) - 55 minutes 

3 comments:

  1. Surely (don't call me Shirley) you could time your runs with a stopwatch. You'd be able to compare times and would just be short of the distance and pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a stopwatch today on an easy run but just wondering how that will work out on a speed session where I want to do say 6 x half mile repeats or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time each one and see how they compare - simples!

    ReplyDelete