Wednesday 21 January 2015

Slush Pup

I went out on my own this morning for what was supposed to be a steady session around Rivington.  Unfortunately, my legs just weren't up for it and were like lead, much the same as last Wednesday.  Maybe they get midweek blues or something?

Feeling annoyed with myself as I ran back from the barn towards home, I decided to do a bit of a fartlek and try to make the most of a poor session.  It wasn't the fastest fartlek ever as it was very icy underfoot.  Thank goodness for Orocs though as otherwise I think I would have spent more time on my backside.

Run 1 distance - 5 miles 

https://www.strava.com/activities/243991918


I went out for a second run tonight, just a short one with Ruby to see if I felt any better than this morning because usually if I do a second run in a day, it's always quite a good one.  Whilst I felt better than this morning, it still wasn't great and my legs were still heavy.

It was much slushier this evening than it was this morning which surprised me because every time I looked out of the window today, the snow had been coming down quite heavily so I was expecting there to be quite a lot underfoot but there really wasn't.

Run 2 distance - 3 miles 

https://www.strava.com/activities/244094698


Total distance - 8 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment