Friday 23 January 2015

Aches and Pains

For the past few weeks I have had pain in the back of the heel on my right foot when first setting off running.  I thought that a shoe must have rubbed and that the pain was coming from a blister but it wasn't until a couple of nights ago that I noticed a hard lump in the area of pain.  After googling the symptoms, it looks as though I have something called Haglunds Deformity.  I haven't had it diagnosed properly yet, but I'm pretty certain that's what it is.

I also have another problem with the same foot which has been ongoing for a good while now (I have mentioned it in previous blog posts), whereby I get shooting pains in my big toe but this is really sporadic and there's no rhyme nor reason to it.  It also causes a stiff feeling in the top of my foot.

Think it may be a good idea to go and see a podiatrist and get this sorted out before it all gets worse.

My run today was much the same as other runs of late, i.e. rubbish!  My legs just feel really heavy and my calves are cramping up whenever I run up hill.  I'm not sure if I just need a good old sports massage to iron out all the muscles.  I'm just a disaster really!  Everything hurts!

The run itself was incredibly icy.  I just stayed on the trails and ran along to the pigeon tower car park, zig zagged through the terraced gardens to the pigeon tower than ran along George's Lane and home.  Glad I had my Orocs on as George's Lane was just sheet ice all the way along and walkers kept asking me how I was managing to run on it as they found walking hard enough.  Ruby was skidding about all over the place but she looked like she was really enjoying it.


Total distance - 5.1 miles

https://www.strava.com/activities/244887052

No comments:

Post a Comment