Thursday 29 January 2015

Biomechanics

Well I went to the doctors yesterday about my foot expecting a referral to a podiatrist but instead got a referral for biomechanics.  I couldn't believe it when I received my letter today asking me to make an appointment, however my joy was short lived when I rang to arrange it and the first one they have is on 28 March!  That's two months away!

Has anyone reading this ever seen a biomechanics expert on the NHS?  Any good?

The road was a bit icy this morning and the weather forecast was showing heavy snow all day so I decided to leave the van at home and run down to the station.  To say it was only 2.5 miles and all downhill, I felt wretched!  It was just too early and my heavy bag was weighing me down and I felt so sluggish.

As I had run to the station, I also had to run home.  I had only taken my Orocs to work so had to run in them but there wasn't really any ice or snow down so they weren't really necessary. This run felt a bit easier than this morning's because I had left most of my stuff at work and my bag was much lighter but it still wasn't great.

When I got home I just opened the front door and harnessed Ruby up and then headed back out.  We didn't go very far though but enough to get her a good bit of exercise.


Total distance - 7.15 miles

Run 1 - https://www.strava.com/activities/247823091
Run 2 - https://www.strava.com/activities/247823100
Run 3 - https://www.strava.com/activities/247824434

No comments:

Post a Comment