Monday 26 January 2015

Getting Quicker Along the Canal

I went for my Monday run along the canal with Kathryn today, having missed out on it for the past two weeks for various reasons.  It was nice to get out and blow off some steam after an annoying morning in work.  The blokes from Kathryn’s work were also doing the canal run but were racing it again on a handicap basis and there was no way I was up for that today.  My foot is still not right and I’m probably being silly running at all but I’ve booked myself in at the doctors to get a referral to a podiatrist this week so hopefully will be able to get sorted soon.
My pre-existing foot problems were thankfully not bothering me throughout this run and my road shoes are really cushioned at the back so protected my ‘Haglunds deformity’.  However, towards the end of our run, the arch of my right foot (the one with all the other issues) started to rub on my shoes!  Talk about adding insult to injury.  That’s four things now all wrong with the same foot – bony bump on the back of the heel, sore arch on running uphill, random shooting pain down the top of the foot into the big toe and now a blistered arch!  I might just chop the thing off and have done with. 
Even though we both felt quite sluggish today, it turned out that our run was the fastest since we started doing this canal run (for me anyway, Kathryn has done it faster on her own).
Kathryn and I both sent off our application forms for the Anglezarke Amble today, a 21 mile (or is it 24 – application form says 24 but website says 21) Long Distance Walkers Association event on 14 February, although we will be running it rather than walking it.  We’re going to run it together along with another girl from Lostock, Maggie, and just treat it as a good long training run to get to know some more tracks and trails in the local area.  Should be a fun day out and I hear the food is pretty good!  Just hope the foot holds up!
Total distance – 5.38 miles
https://www.strava.com/activities/246526599/overview

No comments:

Post a Comment