Sunday 11 January 2015

I Don't Care...

...but my sub-conscious does!

Last night I had a bit too much to drink but it made me so confident.  All I kept thinking is how much I wanted to do a hill session or a track session or a race but then in the cold light of sobriety I'm just too full of self-consciousness to want to do any of that.  I don't get it.  In my rational thinking head, I don't care what anyone thinks but for some reason my subconscious begs to differ and is filled with thoughts of 'it's embarrassing, everyone must be laughing at me because I'm so slow'.

Seriously, being in my head is not a good place to be.  I'm a complete nutter!  Any regular reader of this blog will already be fully aware of that though.

I had hoped to be up early enough this morning to join Ray McGloin & co at the barn at 9pm but unfortunately, when my alarm went off at 7.45, I wasn't ready to get up yet so I hit the snooze button.  The bottle of wine last night won't have helped.  I did rush like mad to try to make it when I eventually did get up but arrived at the barn at 9.10 and, as expected, nobody was there.  Instead I set off for a run on my own and headed out towards Anglezarke.

I ran around Anglezarke towards Waterman's Cottage and then out to White Coppice.  From White Coppice I climbed up to Great Hill which was really easy going due to the wind assistance.

After a natter on top of Great Hill, I set off on my homeward bound journey along the flagging to Spitlers.  Spitlers was more boggy than I have ever seen it.  At one point, I went into the mud over my knee but luckily my other foot landed on firm ground and I was able to pull myself out easily.  Just makes you wonder what would happen if both legs went in and there was nobody around to assist in getting you back out!

It was such a relief to finally see the road up ahead as by now I had sunk a couple more times and my feet were freezing.  My hands were too as I had gone down on them a couple of times so now my gloves were soaked and I had forgotten a spare pair.

I couldn't face going up Hordern Stoops and into more mud so I ran along the road a bit and then forked off to Belmont Road.  I just ran along to the Pigeon Tower and then ran up the Pike before heading home for a nice cup of hot tea!

Total distance - 12 miles 

https://www.strava.com/activities/239594067

1 comment:

  1. Just remember, all things are relative. Turn out next Saturday with the wfdbwgua sick, lame and lazies and your confidence will immediately be restored!

    ReplyDelete