Sunday 14 September 2014

Round in Circles in Abriachan Forest

Yesterday we travelled to Balbeg near Drumnadrochit for the second week of our holiday.  Our cottage is amazing!  It's right on top of a hill with beautiful views far and wide, you can see all the way over to the mountains on the west coast  (here's a link to it in case you're interested http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8082263).  I could sit in the conservatory for hours just admiring the scenery.  As I'm typing, there's a beautiful red sky overhead, which I've just sent Duncan out to get a photo of...



This morning, we drove out to Abriachan Forest, which is only down the road from the cottage, on the way to Inverness.

Duncan walked Ruby whilst I went for a run up Carn na Leitire at 434 metres (1424 ft) which had some lovely views from the top.





I did end up going round in circles a little, as you can see from my Strava trace, as I followed a sign which sent me down a 'peat path' towards the Great Glen Way, but then when I got to the Great Glen Way, I followed a sign which pointed me to Carn na Leitire, not realising that this is where I had already come from so, when I did realise where I was, I turned round and retraced my steps as otherwise I would have gone back down way too early and not got much mileage in.

The route down was awesome, I really loved it and got a good bit of speed on.

Positive comments - managed to not get 'temporarily misplaced' and had a brilliant descent.  Also felt strong on the ascent which was quite steep in places. 

Total distance - 5.2 miles 

http://www.strava.com/activities/194566427


No comments:

Post a Comment