Sunday 7 September 2014

Ford - Out and Back


At long last our holiday has arrived! 

We spent Friday night at a dog friendly B&B in Annan to break up the journey and yesterday arrived at our first cottage in a little village called Ford, which is between Oban and Lochgilphead.  The cottage is lovely and secluded and is in a 900 acre estate.  The caretaker, Phil, told us yesterday that we can feel free to wander the estate grounds and that, as long as the weather is good, we shouldn’t get lost. 

Last night we went for a brief walk up the hill behind the cottage and the views were amazing.  Unfortunately, I hadn’t taken my camera with me so I’ll have to go back up there and take some pictures.

This morning, however, I decided to go on a road run, just to get a feel of the area before exploring the off-road on my own.  I ran out of the estate grounds and onto the road into Ford.  From Ford the road splits and goes round either side of Loch Awe.  I chose the north road, which I ran along for three miles before turning back and retracing my steps.

On the return journey I stopped a few times to take some piccies…




When I entered the estate grounds I decided to stop and walk the rest of the way, taking pictures of the cottage on my way towards it.




On the entire six mile road run, I only passed one car and that was in the village of Ford, where the lady driving gave me a friendly wave.  I love places like this where everyone is so friendly.  I’m pretty sure that running around the roads of Horwich no stranger would give me a friendly wave, probably more a loud beep on the horn and then a laugh when I jump out of my skin. 

Positive comments: Felt really good and ran quite fast for me without even realising

Total distance – 6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment