Friday 19 September 2014

Laggan Wolftrax

Our last full day of holiday today :(

Duncan wanted to go for a ride at Laggan Wolftrax so to pass the time I went for a gentle run with Ruby.  I was supposed to be following a route up a big hill but I missed the turn off as the signpost was torn down so I ended up just running along a road, albeit a very scenic one.



It was a good job really as Ruby was quite tired today and trailing behind a lot.  I had her off the lead and was running along quite happily when I suddenly realised that there were sheep on both side of the road, without a fence between us.  Ruby was completely ignoring them though.  At one point, they even bolted when we came past and she just looked at them and didn't give chase.  Could this be a breakthrough, or was she just knackered?  Usually, even when she's tired, she still pulls on her lead after livestock and other animals so I'm hoping that she has been yelled at so much now that it has finally sunk in.  I really hope so.

Last night, when we were at the cottage, we were sat outside and Ruby was with us.  A chicken had come into the garden and, again, Ruby was just looking at it and didn't run for it, even though it was only about ten feet away from her. I was so proud of her and really hope this is a sign of things to come.

Positive comments - made a breakthrough with Ruby(?)

Total distance - 5 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/196656966

No comments:

Post a Comment