Sunday 21 September 2014

Back to Reality

Well, as the title says, it's back to reality and back to running the same old routes.  Not that I'm complaining, I quite enjoy some of my routes round here, especially the short five miler I did today.

I ran with Ruby up to two lads via the kennels, then cross-country up to the mast, cross-country to the Pike then home via George's Lane.

On reaching the turn off from George's Lane towards home, I noticed that Ruby was holding her left back paw up and wouldn't put it down.  I had a look at it but couldn't see anything so we just started to walk back.  She limped a bit and I thought I was going to have to carry her but after a few minutes she seemed to be fine again and started trotting off ahead of me.  Not sure what had happened but she doesn't seem to be limping at all now, although she is very down in the dumps as I think she knows that it's back to the norm tomorrow and she'll be left on her own all day, after having spent the last two weeks with us 24/7.  I feel really sad for her, she can't stand to be on her own and loves human company.  The company of Croker (the cat) just isn't enough for her.

Total distance - 5 miles (approx - accidentally stopped Garmin at top of Pike and didn't start it again until kennels so lost around half a mile)

http://www.strava.com/activities/197683877

No comments:

Post a Comment