Monday 29 September 2014

Noon Hill and the Pike

A leisurely run with Ruby today.  

We set off down dog poo alley in the direction of Rivington School but, when we got to Green Lane, we ran up to Tiger's Clough instead.  After running up the Devil's Steps we took the short route which brings you out near the cattle grid on the concrete road up to the farm, which is part of the Pike Race route.  We then ran up through the farm where, despite previously thinking I had made progress with Ruby and her sheep fetish, she started dragging towards them so I spent the entire run through the field yelling at her and yanking her back.  When will she ever learn?  I think the answer to that is never. 

From the top of the field, we turned left onto George's Lane and headed towards the Pigeon Tower, then along to the stile up to Noon  Hill.  

Once at the top of Noon Hill, I stopped to take some pictures and, as I was doing so, Ruby pulled suddenly towards a load of sheep, taking me completely by surprise and almost dislocating my shoulder.  She really jerked me back and I dropped my camera (phone) onto a rock but luckily it appears to have survived.  My mood was not improving.  It should be fun to go out running with a dog but some days she really tries my patience.  

View from Noon Hill...


From Noon Hill we headed cross-country to the Pike, where we bumped into Josie and a runner who I don't know having a natter on the top.  After having a bit of a natter myself, we carried on off the Pike down to George's Lane, with Josie speeding off in the opposite direction.  I had thought about doing the curly route down because Ruby has a habit of tripping me when I go the steeper more fun route but I decided in for a penny, in for a pound and let her off the lead and ran down.  At one point I did feel my heel making contact with her.  Why does she run so close?  The dog's a menace... but a lovely one! 

Once back on George's Lane, we just headed along to the kennels and back down the Two Lads route to home.  

Total distance - 5 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/201158246

No comments:

Post a Comment