Monday 8 September 2014

Achnabreac Forest Climb


Duncan wanted to go mountain biking today and there is a Forestry Commission trail not far from where we’re staying called the Firetower Trails.  There are also waymarked walking routes there so I decided to go with him and run with Ruby whilst he rode. 

When I got there I found that the waymarked walking routes were very short, the red one being a mere half mile and the yellow one being only a mile and a half.  I had chatted to a bloke from the Forestry Commission though and he told me that I could carry on up the fire road and head up to a good view point so that’s what I did.

Ruby and I followed the yellow route up the hill and then got onto the fire road and followed this all the way to the top of the forest then climbed up onto a view point and took some piccies. 



And a selfie...



We then retraced our steps back down again where Ruby was being a bit of a slow coach, feigning tiredness.  I say feigning because once we arrived back at the car and I got changed, she found her tennis ball and made me throw it repeatedly for her.  So much for being tired eh Ruby! 

Duncan didn’t arrive back at the car until around an hour after us, by which time we had played a LOT of ball and had also walked around the half mile red route and partially along a forest track, where we collected some blackberries as a treat for Duncan when he got back.

Positive Comments: first three miles was all uphill and I felt absolutely fine. 

Total Distance – 6.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment