Thursday 4 September 2014

Ooooo, a new little path, how exciting!

Whilst walking Ruby last night with Duncan, we discovered a short track that neither of us had been down before.  It's at the far side of the 'secret' reservoir and just drops you back down onto Coal Pit Lane.  Not very exciting I hear you say but, to me, all new routes are exciting!  It also means that when I run to the reservoir I can loop round, rather than turning round and retracing my steps or going up the dreaded boundary wall to the top of Winter Hill which I really don't like when I'm with Ruby as she sinks all the time and I have to drag her out of the mud.  I'd still like to know how I can continue a route from Egg Hillock though, without having to fight through bracken.  Anyone know a good route?

Anyway, I decided to use my new found track on tonight's run with Ruby so we set off from home, straight up through Wilderswood, up the path towards Two Lads, but turning right at the water tanks and across to the gate on the other side of the mast road.  We then ran towards the farms and out onto Coal Pit Lane and we went up the new found path to the secret reservoir.

After chilling out at 'the beach' for a few minutes whilst Ruby had a paddle, we ran around the reservoir and down the steps and along to the Trespass Stone.

We then ran back partially the same way but came out higher up on the mast road and ran up to Two Lads then down to the dog hotel and along George's Lane down Old Rake.

It was a lovely evening for a run and I really enjoyed it, although Ruby drove me mad for the first mile as she was sniffing and spraying everything.  I've never known a girl dog scent mark like Ruby does.  She cocks her leg like a boy dog and sprays everything.  Nice!


Positive comments: a lovely run and always great to find a new path, no matter how short. 

Total distance - 7.1 miles 

http://www.strava.com/activities/189885629

No comments:

Post a Comment