Friday 25 July 2014

Wet Feet

If there's one thing I didn't expect this morning, it was wet feet.  It hasn't rained for days and has been scorching so I was quite surprised at how boggy it still was on the path which follows the road from Belmont towards Hordern Stoops.

Duncan had dropped me off on his way to work at the Blue Lagoon and I ran along this path, heading back home.  It was boiling and was only 7.30 in the morning!  My legs were quite tired this morning and, even though that path only ascends very slightly, it was quite hard work.

Once out onto the road, I ran along until I got to Belmont Road (continuation of George's Lane).  I ran along this a bit before climbing up the diagonal to the trig point, which really was a struggle this morning and I did a pathetic five minutes slower than my Strava PB.

Mostly downhill now so that was a relief.  I ran down the mast road a little then turned off just after the mast and went cross-country to Two Lads, then down to George's Lane, through Wilderswood and home.

Total distance - 5 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/170631151/overview

No comments:

Post a Comment