Sunday 27 July 2014

Cool Runnings

What a difference in temperature between this morning and yesterday morning.  Today was much better for running, lovely and breezy and a good deal of cloud cover.

After yesterday's rubbish effort, I went for an easy one today, just along Rivington Reservoir, down Horrobin Lane and along the Street where I saw a huge bird of prey making a real racket.  I tried to take a picture of it but it flew off into a tree.  I took a picture of the tree thinking I might see the bird when I blew the picture up but I can't.  It will have been a buzzard but it was massive!  If I didn't know better I would have thought it was an eagle!  Feel free to try to find it in the tree if you're really bored...


I took a picture of the reservoir whilst I was there too, just because it looked so pretty...



From The Street, we ran along Knowsley Lane and up 'the slipway' where I got a Strava PB.  I'm only 7 seconds off the women's course record for this short climb so I'll have to try harder next time.

We then dropped down and ran along Dean Brook, up the steps, across the field, through the kissing gate, up Sheephouse Lane, then along the path from the barn back home.

My performance today was in complete contrast to yesterday.  I was feeling really fresh and energetic and, if I hadn't had Ruby with me, I would have been happy to go a lot faster.

Ruby was brilliant today too, the cooler temperature really made a difference.  At no point was I dragging her behind me and she seemed to be really enjoying herself.  I have been a bit worried lately that Ruby's running days are over but it seems it's just running in the heat which is a problem for her.  That makes two of us then!

Total distance - 6.1 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/171501534

No comments:

Post a Comment