Wednesday 23 July 2014

Ruby's New Hairdo

Ruby had a haircut yesterday!  

I felt that her long scraggy wiry coat might be holding her back a bit in the heat, so off it all came.  I can't believe how cute and young she looks!  Why didn't I do this earlier?  I could have cried when I went to pick her up from the groomers she looked so sweet.  



In case you can't remember, this is how she looked before:



Just an easy flat run tonight so I could try out Ruby's tolerance to the heat now she has lost her fur coat.  We just ran along to the barn, did a bit of a loop and came back home.  There was a definite improvement in her.  She still got tired and we had lots of stops for her to have a drink and a paddle but I wasn't dragging her behind like I usually am.

She seems to be much happier in the heat now so I think we'll be getting her groomed much more regularly from now on.

Total distance - 4 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/169907684

No comments:

Post a Comment