Wednesday 2 July 2014

Skinny Hippo

That's how I would describe the way I run.  I plod like a hippo but I'm not fat.

On today's easy run with Ruby I made a few attempts to change little things about my running style, for example I tried not to swing my shoulders as much and tried to run a bit taller.  I also pretended I was running on hot coals to try to improve my cadence.  I only kept these little bits up for a minute or so each time as it's a recipe for disaster trying to change things all at once and for long periods.

I'd just like to be a bit more efficient in my running style.  I know that you run how you run but I'm sure there are some small adjustments which can be made, it's just persevering and bringing them in gradually.

Nothing exciting to report from tonight's run really, it was just an easy plod around Rivington on heavy legs.  Hopefully I'll have loosened them up in advance of tomorrow's hill session.  Bring it on!

Total distance - 5 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/160912147

No comments:

Post a Comment