Tuesday 29 July 2014

Stupid Dog!

I did a route I haven't done for a while today, which I did really frequently throughout the winter.

I ran with Ruby and we went along to the top barn, across to Sheephouse Lane, up to the Pigeon Tower car park and then zigzagged up through the terraced gardens to the Pigeon Tower.  We then ran up the pike via the steep track to the left of the steps and ran down my favourite route (Pike Race route) where I let Ruby off the lead as there were no animals in sight.

We then got onto George's Lane and I put her back on the lead.  I really wish we could run lead-free.  It would be much better for both of us but I have come to terms with the fact that, unfortunately, it's never going to happen.

As I approached the dog hotel, I noticed that, unusually, there were no sheep or horses in the field opposite. I love running home through that field but it's very rare that I can because it's always full of livestock and Ruby will just drag after them.  As it was empty we had a great run though but, as we were getting to the bottom, Ruby suddenly ran into my path and I went flying over her, kicking her in the head in the process!  Sorry Ruby but it really was your own stupid fault!

She's OK though, and didn't cry or anything so no harm done.  Oh, and I'm OK too, I managed to stay on my feet but have no idea how!

Total distance - 5.4 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/172604476

No comments:

Post a Comment