Friday 18 July 2014

Short Out and Back

I wasn't planning on a run today but the weather enticed me out.  Knowing how Ruby is struggling with the heat though, I decided to drive to Lead Mines Clough and just have a short run through there where she could dip in and out of the brook whenever she pleased.

We just ran through the clough and up to Bomber Memorial, then carried on up and along onto the open moors.  We ran through a short way until Ruby started to get on my nerves with her relentless pulling after sheep so we turned round and retraced our steps.

Ruby got really tired again once we had got down from Bomber Memorial and I was dragging her behind.  Then she saw another dog though and shot off towards it.  That must have used up all her energy because after that I was practically walking and she was struggling to keep up.

If she didn't pull after everything that moved so much she wouldn't have as much of a problem but you just can't reason with a dog, especially not one as simple as Ruby!




Total distance - 2.8 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/167634094

No comments:

Post a Comment