Tuesday 22 July 2014

Sunny Morning Tempo Session

Duncan dropped me off this morning at what has become my usual spot - the path off Rivington Road which leads to Higher Hempshaws.

I did a mile warm up along the path heading towards Lead Mines Clough and then did four miles at 10k race pace.  My Strava and Garmin Connect stats seem a bit messed up though because they're showing that I did miles 3 and 4 at under a 7 minute mile pace and mile 5 at over a 9 minute mile pace but I'm pretty sure I was doing them all at a similar pace.  I'm sure the fifth mile wasn't anywhere near that slow and I'm sure the third and fourth miles weren't that fast (I'd be majorly impressed if they were!).

From Lead Mines Clough, I continued along my usual route past Yarrow Reservoir, along to the Bowling Club, by the side of Rivington Reservoir, to the castle then  home.

It was roasting this morning, even at 7.30am.  I dread to think what it will be like at lunchtime.

Total distance - 6 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/169240769

No comments:

Post a Comment