Thursday 24 July 2014

Six miles... in nearly two hours!!!

In my defence, that two hours wasn't all moving time.  Because the strap broke on my Garmin, I had it in my bum bag so I didn't stop it when I was nattering to Sean and Maria for a while and I also didn't stop it when I sat chilling by the 'secret' reservoir whilst Ruby had a paddle:



We had a lovely run but Ruby was definitely feeling the heat and there was a lot of stop starting.  I chose this route because I know there are lots of streams along it where Ruby could get a drink and have a paddle.  We ran straight up to George's Lane via the edge of Wilderswood then up the path to Two Lads but turned off to the right rather than turning left to the top.  We crossed the mast road (having a chat with Sean and Maria for a few minutes) then ran along through the farms before turning off through Roscow's Tenement, coming out near the shooting hut.  We then ran up the hill and along to the reservoir and stopped at 'the beach' for a good while whilst Ruby cooled herself down.

After that, we pretty much retraced our steps home, save for a slight detour to the trespass stone.

I think it was possibly a bit too far for Ruby in this heat but she seemed to be enjoying herself, albeit very slowly.

Total distance - 6.1 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/170403991

No comments:

Post a Comment