Tuesday 17 June 2014

Track!

Decided to get my rear into gear and go down to the track tonight with the club.  I hate the track but I forced myself to go because I do always feel quite good afterwards when I know I've done a good session and given it my all.

Tonight's session was 4 x 800s, 5 x 600s, 6 x 400s with 60 seconds recovery.  The problem there is that the recovery starts when the first runner gets back to the start so by the time I got back we were setting off again.

I started off with the intention of doing every other rep so I could get a recovery in but then decided to halve the reps instead and try to do as many of them as possible.

I ended up doing:

1 x 800
6 x 400
4 x 200

I was running much faster than my race pace so my Garmin showed a 7.16 pace for 3.3 miles, which included my warm up so I was pretty pleased with that. It really pushes me along being at the track because the other guys are so fast that I seem to be swept along with them.  For example, I was keeping up with and, at times, passing Gaynor, who runs much faster than me normally.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  It may mean that I'm not pushing myself hard enough in races or it may mean that I'm pushing too much at the track, which would explain why I kept getting pain down my shins?  Ah well, what doesn't kill me will only make me stronger.

Still hate the track though.  Running round in circles is BORING!!!  Might go back next week, might not.  We'll see.

Total distance - approx 4 miles including warm up and cool down

http://www.strava.com/activities/154780642/overview

No comments:

Post a Comment