Thursday 19 June 2014

Sheep on the Pike

An easy run with Ruby tonight, kitted out in my new Aldi running gear.

We ran from home to the top barn and then along to the Pigeon Tower car park.  We then zig-zagged our way up to the Pigeon Tower by the nice gentle 'driveway' climb.  Once on George's Lane my intention was to run to the Pike but it was covered in sheep!  I try to avoid sheep as much as I can when I'm with Ruby as all she does is pull and pull on the lead which is no fun at all when you're trying to run, though I suppose it does help me get up the hill!  I wonder if this is a new thing, sheep on the Pike, as I've never seen them on there before.  Perhaps they just escaped from an adjoining field or something.  I decided to just keep going along George's Lane towards the kennels and there were more sheep just before I got there, actually on George's Lane.  Pretty sure they must have escaped from somewhere.

We just dropped down the side of Wilderswood and ran home where I left Ruby wolfing down her tea and went and did an abs workout.

Total distance - 5 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/155546727/overview

No comments:

Post a Comment