Monday 16 June 2014

Tasty Treats

Yesterday we went to the Houghton Tower Farmer's Market which was full of delicious food.  If you haven't been before, I'd really recommend it.  It takes place the third Sunday of every month and there are loads of stalls selling things like cooked meats, raw meats, vegetables, cheese, chutneys, cakes, fudge, chocolate, pies, fish, even dog/cat food!

Most stalls have free samples (even the dog food stall had free samples for Ruby) so I made a bit of a pig of myself - what's new there I hear you say.

Anyway, I'm telling you this because it's the reason I went for a run tonight when I hadn't really planned to.  I bought myself the best pie in the world, ever yesterday - barbecue pulled pork.  Words can't explain how delicious it was but, by it's very nature, I'm guessing it's pretty unhealthy so, as I had a massive slice of it for lunch today, I decided I'd better go for a run.

We just did a nice easy route round Rivington, starting from home and heading to the top barn, then down Sheephouse Lane with a quick detour along Dean Brook, then back towards the Bowling Club and along the side of Rivington Reservoir.  Once home I did a kickboxing arms session as I'm desperately trying to get back into my other exercise routines, rather than just running.  I used to do a lot of kickboxing, yoga, pilates, toning, etc workouts and really want to get back the definition I had a few years ago so I'm trying to get even just a short workout in most days after my run.

Ruby yet again attacked a Rottweiler on our run so I've come to the conclusion that I may have to get her a muzzle.  At least that way I'll be able to let her off the lead without fear of her biting another dog.  I obviously still won't let her off around livestock but I'd really love to be able to run with her off lead a bit more.  She was very tired again today and trotting really slowly behind me, it's just too hot for her.  We took it slowly though and it took me an hour to run a mere five miles and that didn't include the times I stopped my watch whilst she drank from streams and 'did her business'.

Total distance - 5 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/154397760/overview

No comments:

Post a Comment