Monday 20 April 2015

Unscathed… more than can be said for Kathryn

Surprisingly, my tumble down the hill yesterday has left me relatively unscathed.  I have no mark on my head and, despite the grass stains, no bruised knees either.  The only visible war wound is a slight bruising to my left bum cheek.
Kathryn, however, couldn’t say the same thing!  She had been running in the Lakes at weekend, doing a race recce, and had trudged through some heather and is now covered in cuts all over her lower legs.  Just in time for shorts weather! 
We ran along the canal with Alex (I hope, I’m useless with names and I’ve met the guy a few times now so its inexcusable if I’ve got that wrong!) and every man and his dog was out today in the sunshine.  Oh and a good few geese.  It’s a bit scary running in close proximity to geese as a work colleague was telling me that he got attacked by some last year whilst running along that canal.  I just have visions of me falling into the canal trying to get away from them. 
As usual, we ran out to Old Trafford and back.  We were both quite tired from our weekend’s running exertions and Alex was tired from his gardening so it was a bit slower paced than usual. 
Running back along Canal Street it was so tempting to stop and get a cold pint of cider! 
Total distance – 5.4 miles

https://www.strava.com/activities/289228630

No comments:

Post a Comment