Thursday 23 April 2015

Mmmm Pasty and Peas!

Tonight was Lostock AC's duathlon and they all met up on George's Lane at the bottom of Two Lads.  I went to the start but wasn't competing and instead was waiting for Kathryn and Maggie to run up from the leisure centre to go for a run on the tops.  

Whilst waiting for them, I took a few pictures of the start of the race...





When they arrived, we ran up to two lads and waited around a bit whilst watching some of the race action.  We then headed off up to the mast then the trig point and then off down the diagonal to the wooden bridge.

I wanted to keep my feet dry tonight because I was going straight out afterwards and didn't have a change of shoes/socks so we decided against going up Noon Hill and cross country to the Pike and instead ran along the lane to the Pigeon Tower and then went up the Pike from there.

Just time for a quick piccie at the top of the Pike before the sun leaves us for the evening...



I took the girls back down through Tigers Clough as I thought it might be somewhere they hadn't been before but Kathryn had been this way a few weeks ago with Albert & Co.  It's still a lovely way back down though and we then cut through the field of horses, coming out just at the back of my house and then heading down dog poo alley to the leisure centre.

After the run Kathryn and I went to the Con Club for pasty and peas with Lostock AC for their post-race chill out and club meeting.

A top night with a great bunch of people!

Total distance - 6.5 miles 

https://www.strava.com/activities/290688304

No comments:

Post a Comment