Thursday 9 April 2015

Getting my Rear into Gear!

I'm feeling really motivated again at the minute, perhaps it's the change in weather?  I made a decision that I want to try to get to at least one club session per week.  I hate the track but will try to get there every now and then and if I don't make it I'll do my own speed session.  There's also Lostock's Wednesday night session which I'd like to get to now and then and I think they have a choice of sessions so you can do whatever you feel like at the time (I could be wrong on that).

Then there's the hill session which I decided to go to tonight as it's the first one of the year off-road which, surprise surprise, I much prefer to the road sessions.

I ran up to the car park to meet everyone and there was a good group out tonight with myself and Maria the only ladies.

We warmed up (although I was already warmed up and knackered by my run up the hill to the meeting point) by running along to Pike Cottage and then did reps up and down my favourite field.  The session was in sets of run down, run up, run down - rest for 45 seconds - run up, run down, run up - rest for 30 seconds - repeat.

I managed down, up down - rest - up down up - rest - down up down - rest - up.  By then everyone was finishing having done a few more than me (I was trundling along at the back!).

We then ran along to the bottom of the Pike and everyone ran hard up the Pike and back down again but I stayed at the bottom chatting to Steve as I was done with hills for the evening.

I do feel like I wimped out a little but I was still so tired after all the good sessions I've done this week.

I don't know whether my good week has anything to do with being Garmin free but I am starting to think I might have to start using it again.  It's killing me not knowing how well I'm doing on hard sessions so I think that from now on, I will use the Garmin when doing sessions or running with others but then won't bother using it on recovery runs.

I made some of the guys jealous by saying that I had some cold cider waiting for me at home so as soon as I got in, I cracked one open whilst having a stretch.




Good session but saving myself a little for my run with Maggie tomorrow and for my potential race at weekend.

Also, the lovely hot weather has made me want to get my six pack back so that I can run in crop tops again without putting people off their food! Might have to do a 'before' picture for a future blog and to get me motivated but not sure the world needs that!


Total distance - approximately 6 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment