Monday 13 April 2015

Questionable Running Attire!

After ten days of tougher than usual training, there was no rest for the wicked today when I went for my canal run with Kathryn at lunch.

I had to offer my apologies to Kathryn and give her the option of not being seen with me because I was wearing the most uncoordinated running outfit ever.  I just threw a load of clothes in a bag this morning without really paying attention to the ridiculous combination of colours - bright blue trainers, black socks, purple shorts with pink Adidas stripes, a white t-shirt, a grey and pink windproof jacket, black gloves and a red buff!  Nice!

Kathryn didn't seem too concerned to be seen with me so off we went.  My legs were really heavy after yesterday's run but I didn't feel too bad.

Kathryn said she was chatting with Michelle last week on Lostock's Wednesday training session about how they should talk me into going too so that's the plan for this Wednesday.  As I said in an earlier post, I'm trying to get to at least one club session per week.  I'd like to say I'll do the track session tomorrow but I think I should probably do an easy run tomorrow after two days of running at a quicker than usual pace and then another one on Wednesday.  Or is that a poor excuse?

Looking forward to racing later in the year and seeing whether all this running with speedy people (which I'm going to keep up with!) pays off.

Total distance - 5.4 miles

https://www.strava.com/activities/284702314/overview

No comments:

Post a Comment