Monday 6 April 2015

Borsdane Wood


I'm really pleased with today's run, especially seeing as I was so tired this morning.  I spent Saturday night down near Peterborough at some good friends' house and we were up until the early hours playing a brilliant game called 'Cards Against Humanity'.  Duncan actually bought me the same game for Christmas but we haven't been able to play it yet because you can't play with just two people and you have to be very selective when choosing appropriate friends to play it with as it can be very offensive.

At 2.45am it was time for bed and we were sleeping in our van on the drive because the spare rooms were already taken.  As usual, I only slept really lightly and was fully awake by 7am so had only had just over four hours sleep.  I just can't handle late nights anymore, I'm getting old.

After a very good feed in the afternoon, we set off home at a decent speed of five Little Chef's per hour.  I was struggling to stay awake in the passenger seat and wanted to put the bed out in the back and get my head down.

By a pathetic 8pm I was off to bed.  My alarm was set for 7am this morning so you'd think I'd be lovely and fresh seeing as I went to bed so early but that wasn't the case and it was a huge struggle to get myself up.

Anyway, back to the run.  I had planned to meet Maggie this morning to do the second part of the Bolton Hill Marathon recce but Maggie had to change plans and couldn't make it.  Kathryn had showed an interest in joining us so I sent her a message to say we were no longer meeting and she suggested that instead I drive round to her house and we go for a run around there, which is what we did.

We ran from Kathryn's towards Westhoughton train station and then ran through a golf club and some farm land and eventually came out into Borsdane Woods, which is somewhere I have never been before. Kathryn really pushed me on as she's much faster than me, which is a good thing although doesn't feel like it in the moment!  She was nattering away whilst I was struggling to even breathe.  I told her I'd thank her later!

The time passed really quickly and it was great to run somewhere new.  I didn't even know these woods existed and was surprised when we came out near to the garage where Duncan takes our cars as I didn't have a clue where I was until then.

Thanks for dragging me along with you Kathryn!


Approximate distance (based on time out and perceived pace) - 9.8 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment