Tuesday 14 April 2015

Down Tiger's Clough

Duncan dropped me off at the pigeon tower car park this evening so I could do an easy run but without Ruby (Duncan took Ruby to play ball in a field).  I think I might need to change my blog name soon as I'm running with Ruby less and less these days.

I ran along the fields and through the woods towards Dangerous Corner.  Straight away I felt really lethargic and my left calf was incredibly tight.  I had to stop and give it a stretch before I carried on.  By the bridge at the bottom of Dangerous Corner I was feeling a bit better and started the climb up to George's Lane.  I was doing OK and had John Parker's voice in my head telling me to pace it slow but then about two thirds of the way up my legs turned to led and I started to wheeze like a 40 a day smoker.  Not sure what that was all about!  Eventually I came out onto the track and had a bit of a breather because my chest was feeling really tight.  Hope I'm not coming down with something.

After catching my breath, I ran along past the Pigeon Tower and up to the Pike. By now I was feeling much better although my calf was still feeling quite tight.

I ran down off the Pike, and then decided to go home via Tigers Clough for a change.  I come up through there every now and then but I think I have only gone down that way once before.  It's a lovely run down, especially on a day like today and I started to feel quite euphoric at one point.

Back to reality though when I had to climb back out of the clough and up to the stables.  Not a huge hill by any stretch but tonight I was feeling pretty tired so it was hard work.

All down hill again from there though.


Total distance - 3.35 miles 

https://www.strava.com/activities/285332636

No comments:

Post a Comment