Thursday 16 October 2014

Watch Out Gordon!

I couldn't make the hill session tonight, which seems to be becoming a theme.  Instead I took Ruby out for a run on the tops.

We set off straight up through Wilderswood and out onto George's Lane and then started to climb up to two lads.

When I turned the corner at the water tanks, I realised that I had been going quite well and cast my mind back to a message I received a couple of weeks back from Gordon, challenging me to beat his Strava time for this George's Lane to Two Lads ascent so I tried a bit harder to get to the top without slowing.  On looking at my stats when I got home, unfortunately I'm still 35 seconds behind Gordon however, I'm fairly certain I can get much closer as, when I was near the bottom of the climb, I stopped to let Ruby sniff a bit and then stopped to let her off the lead so I probably wasted nearly 35 seconds there.

Watch out Gordon, I'm coming to get you!!!

After Two Lads we continued on our new favourite short route and went cross country to the mast.  It was then across to the Pike through lots and lots of mud.  I kept sinking up to my shins and nearly lost a shoe at one point.  Poor Ruby, she was sinking up to her neck.  She seemed to be really enjoying herself though as I had her off the lead because there were no dogs or sheep in sight.  That's why I love running across there because I can see any potential snacks for Ruby before she is close enough to get near them.

From the Pike we just ran down to George's Lane and back home.


Total distance - 5 miles 

http://www.strava.com/activities/208063120

No comments:

Post a Comment