Tuesday 14 October 2014

Limbo!

Well, I made it out the door, if only for a short run, this evening.

As you might have read on my Facebook post today, I'm feeling really down at the minute but for no particular reason.  It's making me feel really unmotivated and lethargic so last night I just couldn't be bothered going out for a run, but then this just made me feel even more miserable later on.

Tonight I knew I had to get out but I was stuck for time as I had to pick Duncan up at 6pm and wouldn't get time for a run after that for various reasons.

I drove along to the barn and went for a run with Ruby along to Yarrow Reservoir.  I didn't really have any particular route in mind and was just making it up as I went along.  We reached the road and went down the hill towards Anglezarke and I then decided to loop back round and up 'slipway - steep bit' which is a Strava segment I have a goal on.  The goal was to do it in under 1 minute 45 seconds and I did it in 1 minute 39 so that was pleasing, although I felt I could do it much faster if I didn't have Ruby so I might have to make the goal a bit tougher.  The ladies CR on that bit is 1.32 so I'm going to set a goal of under that, maybe even under 1.30.

When I got back up to Yarrow, I headed back down towards Rivington, but then turned left and followed the road along to the farm fields.  We ran along the right hand edge of the farm field which leads to a kissing gate onto a narrow trail.  We followed the trail until it came out on the road by the campsite and it was at this point that I realised the path I had just come along was actually closed, although it didn't say at the end I entered it from that it was, but it had orange barriers across the exit onto the road.  I went through and along the road, climbing up to Sheephouse Lane.  That's when I was met with the barrier which I had assumed was just for cars and that I'd be able to squeeze around the side of but apparently not as they were right up to the walls on either side and secured with rope.

I could have untied the rope and moved the fencing but I thought it seemed much easier to just limbo under it through the mud (as the muddy bit to the right of the picture between the yellow plastic base and the cone was the bit with the biggest gap) so that's what I did.  Good job I'm scrawny!


Muddy arsed, I continued on my way and we just went down the path at the side of Sheephouse Lane, along to the top barn and then through the field back to the car.

I must say I'm feeling much better now.  It's surprising what a run, even a short slow one, can do to lift your mood.

Looking forward to heading out again in the morning for a speed or tempo session, haven't decided yet!


Total Distance - 4.3 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/207324251/overview

No comments:

Post a Comment