Wednesday 15 October 2014

Tempo Session

Duncan dropped me off this morning at the car park at Hordern Stoops and I did a mile warm up along the diagonal and over to Higher Hempshaws.  I then attempted to do the next three miles at around an 8.15 minute mile pace.  Admittedly, I did stop my watch at one point because I had to remove some layers and dig out a stone in my shoe and I didn't want to keep my watch running and distort the average pace which is a bit of a cheat really but, hey, I'm only cheating myself!

After the three miles, I realised that I was still two miles from home so thought I might as well make the next mile half decent (although quite a bit slower than the previous three as I was really tired) before a mile cool down.

On first looking at my trace for today's tempo session when I got home I was really pleased as I was under eight minute miling... until I realised that the majority of the 'speed' section of the run was downhill!

Ah well, nevermind, it still feels like it did me a world of good because I got home absolutely cream crackered and dripping with sweat and when I run with Ruby that doesn't happen because there is very little effort involved so doing a session like this or a speed session every week should really help with my racing if that isn't stating the obvious too much.

Total distance - 6.5 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/207618042

No comments:

Post a Comment