Tuesday 21 October 2014

Getting Back in the Game... Hopefully!

Still on a high from last night's spin class, where I discovered that I had much better fitness than I thought (well, lung capacity anyway), I headed off into the stormy weather with Ruby for a jaunt round Rivington.

Just a short pretty flat one tonight as I didn't know whether I'd be achy from last night but I actually felt really good.  I started to regret not having brought my head torch because I knew I couldn't now extend my run.

We ran along to the top barn, then down Sheephouse Lane and along to the bottom barn, along the path at the side of the road, back to the school, then home.

The weather was awful tonight and Ruby didn't really want to go out but was fine once we got out there.  I love running in bad weather though, as I've said before, it makes you feel alive!

Once home I fed Ruby and Croker (the cat) and then headed up to my exercise room for some strength training which I have been neglecting a lot lately.

Last night has helped me find my motivation again and I'm hoping it keeps up and I get a lot more non-running training in and build up a good base over the winter.


Total distance - 4.15 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/210065719

No comments:

Post a Comment